Sunday, January 12, 2014

Project Life 2014: Week 1

I decided to do Project Life this year! Yay! I wanted to do it last year, but thought I had too much catching up to do to really do PL. But this year I decided to do it for a few reasons.

1. I noticed I wasn't taking everyday life pictures like I was when the kids were little. You know, like stuff they do on a day to day basis. I don't want to miss out on those details.

2. At the end of the year, I'll have the 2014 highlights scrapped! That's a WHOLE YEAR! 

I figure that once I get the hang of how I want my pages to look, the pages will come together quickly. Then on days when I'm not working on my PL pages, I can work on other scrapbooking that I need and want to catch up on.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. I'm happy to be capturing every day life. I purchased an app called Day One. It allows for journaling on my phone. It reminds me a couple of times a day, and if I want or need to add some details, I enter it on my phone and then refer back later when documenting my week.

So while I don't want to be attached to my phone, I do have it handy when I don't have my big camera with me. I like my big camera way better than my phone, so ideally, I want to use my big one more often. I have to work on that in the weeks to come.

I really enjoy Cathy Zielske's blog. I bought a handful of her products and really enjoy her simplistic style.

It's also fun to look at Christina's pages because you can see a huge difference in her daughter over a year's time. It's cool to see the slow progression, but then look at the stark contrast of week 1 and the last weeks. I think it's awesome!

I found this site - Pixels & Company - from Cathy's blog. Check it out! It has some great $1 deals and other kits. I love finding new sites to get product from.

I saw some people do a cover page for their Project Life books. I liked that idea. Here's mine. 















I'm sure I'll be tweaking things as I move forward, but for now, this is what I have. I'm not "in love" with this spread. Not every week may have as many "stories". I know there are no rules as for how much journaling one can or should do. I seem to fit the high end right now. Ha! But I like the stories and I believe when I look back, I'll be glad I include as much as I do.

I'm not sure how I plan to print my pages. I really like the 3-ring scrapbooks, but I know some others make a photo book. With the photo books, you can make numerous copies for less money and save them for your kids. I like that idea. But actually, I could do both: a 3-ring for me and a photo book for the kids. We shall see!

(I keep changing things, so if you come back in the near future, you may be seeing something different.)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love it!! Thanks for the motivation!! :)