Friday, March 19, 2010

Guest Journal Entry


My friend gave me a stack of her old Creating Keepsakes magazines a couple of years ago. In the November 2005 issue, I saw a spread on doing a guest book. I really liked the idea of having guests tell why they came and having more of a story than just a signed name. I know I will love looking back and reading why they came and what they enjoyed about their stay. I pretty much totally copied what the lady (sorry, I don't know who did the article) did and just printed it on cardstock to put in an 8x8 book. I changed the fonts of "guest journal entry" just to switch things up from page to page. Right now they are pretty simple with no frills or flourishes. I might add them someday, but right now, I want to be able to have my guests fill something out. So far we've had guests stay over three times and I kept forgetting to print these out. Now I have a nice little stack ready for our guests. I'm excited to see what they write!

Last night I remembered another story to add to Leah's page that I previously posted. I added it to the page but I won't be reposting the page. Here's the story:

"As winter has been coming to an end, we’ve liked taking walks outside on our road. Because we live on a dirt road and there was still a little bit of snow on it here and there, you said, “Look, Mom! It’s like spicy cheese (pepperjack)! I like spicy cheese!”

Oh, she melts me heart!

My sister and her friend, Katie, are visiting for the weekend and my parents and other sister will be coming today as well. We're going to walk down to the farms on our road and see the new lambs. I'm also going to take them around the area so they can see where we live. Tomorrow we're having a get together / game day with some friends in the area. It's going to be an awesome weekend!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christina Smith said...

I remember you talking about wanting to do this. I can't wait to fill out a page for it! *wink*