Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So Proud


This is a drawing Titus did either before or a little after Christmas. He told me what some things were so I wrote the names by each object. The three main items are a Christmas tree, a mouse (I love this one for some reason!), and a balloon!


Titus knows his letters and I've been working with him a little on writing the letters. Really, the only letter we had truly been working on in a book was the letter "A", but he makes letter shapes with toys and stuff, so the knowledge is there. Yesterday the kids were coloring and Titus came to me and told me that he spelled "stop" (the s,t,o... at the right). I said it was missing the "p" but that he did awesome. He knows how to spell "stop" because he's always reading the letters on signs when we are out driving and of course knows what a stop sign looks like. So I went to the table with him, and I wrote out "stop" (in the red at the top) and told him to write it out. I left the table and then he came to me showing that he wrote stop! I think he wrote an "o" at the end, but you can see that we wrote a "p" inside of it. He then put the paper on the refrigerator and drew the "circle" and lines for the stop sign (we both know a stop sign is an octagon, ha!). He also wrote the two "A's" at the top, two 4's and a T in the middle. It might seem small to some people, but I think it's so cool to see how he's learning! Yay Titus!! (He just came up while I'm typing this and saw his pages on the screen. I was showing him the "stop" paper and he said, "Mom, I couldn't make an octagon.")

Oh! Leah is learning letters too! We have letter magnets on the fridge and she knows about 5-6 letters, probably more. Although I don't feel that I do enough as far as learning goes, seeing their progress is all the more encouraging to keep digging in and teaching them more!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh that's so neat! Yay Titus!!! It is really neat to see them progress in their learning. And I think you are far better at teaching your kids stuff more than I am! I feel like I hardly teach Isaac much of anything. Which makes me feel like a terrible mom. But he has picked up a lot. I've worked on helping him write his name before, and he knows some letters. Sometimes he surprises me with things he draws! He drew a bunch of "H's" one day on paper! So they are always learning and taking things in more than we realize! It is so neat to watch our kids learn!