This is a fun gift idea for Christmastime or anytime. I made these for a bridal shower but thought I would share the idea with you too. There are quite a few recipes and depending on how you layer the ingredients, it looks pretty! I made oatmeal chip cookies and used chocolate and butterscotch chips. My mom likes mixing chocolate chips and M&M's because of the pretty colors from the M&M's. I also made the molasses mix. This one is pretty white because it's flour, white sugar and spices. I mixed the spices in with the sugar, but now that I'm thinking of it, there might be enough spices to have them be their own thin layer to add a little more visual interest. We just used regular Mason jars, put the fabric over the lids, put a rubber band over the fabric to keep it in place and then tied the ribbon around. I printed out the wet ingredient tags and cut them out. You could use any kind of fabric depending on the season. It's a fun idea for your mail carrier, extended family, etc. You can find recipes online or I can give you the two that I have.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Cookies in a Jar
This is a fun gift idea for Christmastime or anytime. I made these for a bridal shower but thought I would share the idea with you too. There are quite a few recipes and depending on how you layer the ingredients, it looks pretty! I made oatmeal chip cookies and used chocolate and butterscotch chips. My mom likes mixing chocolate chips and M&M's because of the pretty colors from the M&M's. I also made the molasses mix. This one is pretty white because it's flour, white sugar and spices. I mixed the spices in with the sugar, but now that I'm thinking of it, there might be enough spices to have them be their own thin layer to add a little more visual interest. We just used regular Mason jars, put the fabric over the lids, put a rubber band over the fabric to keep it in place and then tied the ribbon around. I printed out the wet ingredient tags and cut them out. You could use any kind of fabric depending on the season. It's a fun idea for your mail carrier, extended family, etc. You can find recipes online or I can give you the two that I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww, those are super cute! What a great idea!
Post a Comment