Sunday, January 4, 2009

Be

As I was reading various blogs, I saw the challenge to choose a word for myself for 2009. I thought about it some, but nothing came to mind. We were going over New Years and when I got home, I was doing some checking up on the blogs again. I briefly scanned over a list of other people's words, but I didn't want to copy. I wanted something for myself. I began thinking about things I've recently been through and in a split second, the word "be" came to mind. And I thought, "That's it! That's my word."

I didn't see it on the list, although when I went back to look at the list again, there it was. But I feel that word was given to me for a reason and I like it.

"Be". It's a small, two-letter word. Some definitions are: to exist or live, to have being, live, stay, rest, to mean, signify, to belong or attend.

To me, "be" means to be myself. So many times I feel like I have to please people. I feel like I have to be doing something wonderful to be doing something worthwhile. I struggle with being good enough for people. I struggle with my weight. I struggle with my schedule (or lack thereof). I struggle with wondering if there are many people out there who like me.

For me, my word means to just let go. Not to just "be" and exist for no reason. But to BE ME. Be myself. I want to learn how to be who God created me to be. I want to enjoy being me.

1 comment:

Christina Smith said...

I really like your word and what you wrote! Bek, you are so wonderful just the way you are!! I'm excited for this next year and for what the Lord has in store.