For my cover pages in the past, I've used our family picture that I sent out in our Christmas cards. This year I decided to change that and use pictures from the first week in January during a family walk. I wanted to have individual shots as well. These are just photos taken with my phone, so everything isn't perfect with them or the lighting, but it works and I'm happy with it.
I've done some Q&A things before but not in a long time. So I thought it would be cool to include our current favorites on the cover page of 2016. It was fun seeing what each other picked and the similarities between people. Some of us had a hard time picking just one thing, but I just encouraged them (and me!) to just pick their current favorite.
I'm sticking with the same templates as in prior years because I like the rounded corner look, I'll be using lots of Ali Edward's word art since it's still a favorite, I'm using Paislee Press's "This Week" word art for my weekly countdown, and plan to use Paislee Press's paper kits as well. Other than that, I don't like to be too boxed in case I'm feeling something different one week than another.
One change that's kind of big to me is the format of my weeks. For 2010, 2014, and 2015, my weeks have gone Sunday-Saturday, just like a calendar. I thought that since that's how a calendar works, I'll do it that way. But lots of times our weekends were broken up. We would do something as a family Friday-Sunday, but Sunday had to be in the next week's spread. That bugged me but I just chalked it up to it being the way a "normal" week works. But THIS year, I'm changing that. My weeks will be Monday-Sunday so that I can include the full weekend in a spread.
Cover Page:

Week 1:



No comments:
Post a Comment