Monday, October 10, 2011

Old + New


I was going back - way back (insert tears and sad violins) - and decided to scrap these funny pictures of Leah during the beginning stages of potty training. I think it's funny to have captured crying pictures throughout their life. I think it's needed. They look back and realize the crying and whining really isn't that cool.

It happened recently at a soccer game. I was video taping Titus' game and Leah kept whining and asking for a snack. Later at home we played the video and she was shyly laughing at how ridiculous she sounded. I was told to do that by a couple people: record the kids happy and sad and have them see what they look like. I did this unintentionally, but it worked just as well. Now I can say, "Remember what you sounded like on that video? That's what you're sounding like right now. Do you really want to sound like that?"

Apart from learning lessons, crying is part of life and the journey we're all on. In it's own way, it has it's cuteness.



These photos were taken last week and I knew I wanted to scrap them today. At first I was going to have the photos in color, but there was way too much color clashing, so black and white came to the rescue again. I think it looks real nice with the pictures in B+W and that allowed me to use a busy, pretty paper.

I'm feeling my love of scrapping coming back! I've always loved it but haven't had a whole ton of time to scrap lately. Now I'm wanting to keep on scrapping!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: