Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Pages


I saw this template on ListGirl and thought it would be fun to do with my own pictures from 2009. I made two calendars for our parents for Christmas using pictures from 2009 but didn't have any of my own to showcase for the year. So this was my perfect opportunity. It took a few days to put together because of having to stop many times. It was fun and I'm glad I did it.


This page I created today. I don't normally use journal cards. I like them but feel like I don't know how to use them. I'm hoping this journal card fits in a looks good with everything else. Normally in my pages, all of my papers are "matchy matchy" but I like using papers that don't match color for color. These colors - yellow, green and blue - are all in the same palate, so they work for me!

This past weekend I had my cousins over for a couple of nights. Both nights they sat down and were looking through my old scrapbooks. I looked through the books as they did and realized - again - how simple is "me"/my style. I noticed how pictures and the stories that accompany them were and what still are my main focus.

Now I'm off to making some cheesy broccoli soup!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

listgirl said...

That's so cool! I love how you used stitching around the border! Christina told me you used the template and I think it looks great! :)

Jessica said...

Love what you did with the '09 template! Your other page you did I think looks great!! I think the journal card fits in well. The pictures are so sweet. You did a good job of pulling the colors from your pictures and incorporating them into the layout! Your style is "YOU" and don't try and change that! :) I love how your pictures are always the main focus and how you document just what was going on at that time.. I wish I were better at this! I feel I forget too many things or forget to write things in my journal I keep of the boys. So keep up the good work girl!
Love ya! :)