Friday, September 19, 2008

Trash ----> Treasure


I'm pretty much down to scrap paper ("scrap" as in, leftovers) or paper I don't like. So, it gave me a little challenge in creating something I liked. There was a little left on one side, so I cut a strip off.


I haven't been able to use this paper since I bought it. It never went with anything in a way that I liked. Then today, I realized the back of the paper was a pale green! So with the strip from the one flowered paper and the back of this paper, I started creating.


Final result. I cut down the blue/purple paper to a size I wanted and then printed on it. I was going to use ribbon but I ended up just using thin black strips of paper for the little accents. I really like how this page turned out. It can be fun - with a good attitude - to create something out of scraps or something you thought you didn't like. This layout is actually a combo of two of Christina's pages...using one word ("two") and "crooked" pictures. I'm so thankful for people who come up with great ideas and that scrap lifting is legal!!


This is just a view of my scrapping area. Ha! It's actually quite "cozy" once you're into it. Someday I hope to have my own scrap room.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christina Smith said...

Isn't double-sided paper great? What a great and creative way to use what you have! Again, I'm loving the type on cardstock! The "crooked" pics look so cool like that. I was so excited to see these posts! Keep going!